Arts, Crafts and Photography
- Nominations for all Art/Craft/Photography sections will be submitted at Conroy Hall on Friday 18th June 2021 using the official nomination form. No Late Nominations will be accepted. DO NOT POST NOMINATIONS.
- Completed Art works will be submitted to TYTO Gallery on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday 3rd -5th August. Times to be confirmed. All artworks are to have the section number written on the front or attached to craftworks and pottery. The competitor/s name, school and grade is to be written in PENCIL on the back of all artwork. The competitor/s name, school and grade must be attached to craft and pottery items.
- NO LATE EXHIBITS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
- Primary School age entries in painting and drawing must be no larger than A3 COMPLETE, including borders. No larger framed work can be accepted.
- A COMPETITOR MAY SUBMIT ONLY ONE PIECE OF WORK PER SECTION.
- All entries must be THE COMPETITOR’S ORIGINAL WORK AND NOT HAVE BEEN ENTERED PREVIOUSLY FOR ANY INGHAM ARTS FESTIVAL COMPETITION.
- Name of competitor, school and grade must be pencilled lightly on the back of the artwork to be hung. No Metallic pens please.
- All care will be taken with exhibits, but the Committee cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage of the same.
- Trophies, medals and certificates will be presented at individual winners’ schools as soon as it can be arranged after dates of the competition.
- There will be no written adjudication slips provided for these sections.
Items must not be covered with glass.
Arts & Crafts – Sections
PAINTING – Primary – Please check conditions for size allowed.
- Prep & Under 16. Grade 4
- Grade 1 17. Grade 5
- Grade 2 18. Grade 6
- Grade 3
PAINTING/MULTI-MEDIA – Secondary
- Grades 7 22. Grade 10
- Grade 8 23. Grade 11
- Grade 9 24. Grade 12
DRAWING – Pencils, pastels, felt pens, crayons, charcoal etc. – Please check conditions for size allowed.
- Prep & Under 29. Grade 4
- Grade 1 30. Grade 5
- Grade 2 31. Grade 6
- Grade 3
DRAWING – Pencils, pastels, felt pens, crayons, charcoal etc.
- Grade 7 35. Grade 10
- Grade 8 36. Grade 11
- Grade 9. 37. Grade 12
ANY CRAFT WORK OTHER THAN CERAMICS/POTTERY
- Prep 41. Grades 5 and 6
- Grades 1 and 2 42. Grades 7/8/9
- Grades 3 and 4 43. Grade 10, 11, 12
*PLEASE NOTE: “Clay is not pottery unless it is fired” – unfired entries must be judged as Craft.
WHEEL THROWN POTTERY – Non-mold
HAND BUILT POTTERY – Non-mold
- Grades 1,2,3
- Grades 4,5,6
- Grades 1 to 3 inclusive
- Grades 4 to 6 inclusive
WEARABLE ART – Sculpture and Fashion
Photography – Special Conditions.
- Nominations for all Photography sections will be submitted on Friday 18th June 2021 using the official nomination form to Conroy Hall 2 pm – 5:30 pm. No Late Nominations will be accepted. DO NOT POST NOMINATIONS.
- Completed Photographs will be submitted to TYTO Gallery on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday 3rd – 5th August. Times to be confirmed.
- All photographs must be taken by the competitor. The work may have been submitted as part of a school assignment.
- Prints to be a minimum of 5” x 7” and maximum of A4 size. All prints must be mounted. This means the photos should be glued to a light cardboard to create a bordered effect (eg 8×10 photo on a 12 x 14 board).
- No framed or matted photos will accepted for judging. A matted photo is one which is attached to a backing board and a window matte goes over the top of the photos, giving an external bordered effect.
- Please clearly mark on the lower left hand of the first page of the photograph as follows:
Photography – Sections
- Own Choice Prep to Grade 3
- Own Choice Grades 4,5,6
- Own Choice Grades 7,8,9
- Own Choice Grades 10,11,12