Literary Sections – General Conditions
- Nominations taken at the Conroy Hall Friday 17th June 2022 2pm-6pm. IF posted, nominations must be in the hands of the secretary by Friday 17th June 2022. Please allow several business days for Australia post delivery.
- NOMINATIONS WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTED ON THE OFFICIAL NOMINATION FORM. Please include a stamped, self-addressed envelope for receipt and competitor’s ticket.
- Completed Literary items are to be delivered to the Conroy Hall on Friday 15 July 2pm – 6pm 2022. NO LATE SUBMISSIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
- All entries must be THE COMPETITOR’S ORIGINAL WORK AND NOT HAVE BEEN ENTERED PREVIOUSLY FOR ANY INGHAM ARTS FESTIVAL COMPETITION .
- Please clearly mark on the top right hand of the first page of the manuscript as follows:
- Please do not write name of school or competitor on entry.
- Please do not attach information to the entry using Paper clips and stick-on notes.
- A COMPETITOR MAY SUBMIT ONLY ONE PIECE OF WORK PER SECTION.
- PRIMARY Stories (WITH WORD COUNT) and poems must be legibly written in competitor’s own handwriting. No typed work will be accepted in Primary Sections and all work folded no larger than A4.
- SECONDARY entries must be legibly written or typed by competitor on A4 paper on one side only of a sheet, with a margin of 3cm and have a word count on essays and short stories.
- Literary entries will be returned to their respective Primary and Secondary schools at the end of the festival. All care will be taken with exhibits, but the Committee cannot accept responsibility for same.
- There will be no written adjudication slips provided for these sections.
LITERARY – Sections
- Grade 2 and under
- Grades 3 and 4
- Grades 5 and 6
- Grades 7,8 and 9
- Grades 10, 11 and 12
SHORT STORY – to a Maximum 1500 words
- Grades 7 to 9 inclusive – to a Maximum 2000 words. OWN CHOICE
- Grade 10 to 12 inclusive – no word limit in this section. OWN CHOICE
STORYWRITING – PRIMARY – OWN CHOICE
- Grades 2 and under – to a Maximum 300 words
- Grades 3 and 4 – to a Maximum 500 words
- Grades 5 and 6 – to a Maximum 600 words