- All competitors take part in this Competition at their own risk.
- The Ingham Arts Festival Competition is open to local competitors only. The definition of ‘local’ deemed as follows:- One who has residential status between Cardwell north, Mutarnee and Abergowrie west of Ingham and is presently attending a local school or college in the district.
- Age Limits – All competitors must enter their respective age groups. Competitors must not be over the age stated in each section ON OR BEFORE 31st DECEMBER IN THE YEAR OF COMPETITION. In the case of duos, trios or ensembles, one or two of the competitors may be
under the age stated, but may only enter once in that particular section. The age limit for all competitors is 18 years, on or before 31st December in the year of competition and still attending a local school.
- Tertiary study in any of the disciplines excludes a competitor from entering that discipline. Competitors must not have had any tuition whatever from the adjudicators for a period of three (3) months immediately prior to the Ingham Arts Festival.
- Any entry or own choice work received after final closing date will not be accepted.
- Competitors are not permitted to repeat a performance of the same item in any other section.
- No member of one choir, group or ensemble will be permitted to perform with another choir, group or ensemble in the same section.
- ACCOMPANIST AWARD, presented by The Accompanist Guild of Queensland Entrants in this special section of the competition must tell the Marshal before the section in which they are accompanying – giving competitors’ numbers for themselves and the performer.
- Adjudication – A detailed adjudication on all items will be provided, except in Art, Craft, Photography and Literary Sections. Adjudication Slips can be obtained, free of charge, at the Entry Foyer table of each venue, at the completion of each section, or from the Secretary.
- Adjudicators – Any approach to an Adjudicator by an entrant, parent, teacher or friend of an entrant during the competition is not allowed.
- The Committee reserves the right to cancel, combine or otherwise amend sections where there are insufficient entries or extend sections where numbers have exceeded expectations.
- THE COMMITTEE RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REFUSE OR DISQUALIFY A NOMINATION AS IT DEEMS NECESSARY. THE NAME OF COMPETITOR/S GIVEN ON THE OFFICIAL NOMINATION FORMS, WILL BE THE COMPETITOR/S WHO WILL BE PERFORMING OR SENDING IN NON-PERFORMANCE ENTRIES. COMPETITOR/S NAMES CAN NOT BE SUBSTITUTED FOR ANOTHER COMPETITOR. ENTRY FEES WILL NOT BE REFUNDED ONCE THE COMPETITOR/S NUMBER AND TICKET HAVE BEEN COLLECTED.
- Competitors will appear in random order as decided by ballot. The Committee reserves the right to amend the order of appearance should it be considered necessary.
- It is the responsibility of all competitors to present themselves to the Marshal prior to the commencement of section entered, at the time and venue specified in the Official Program. Please advise if for some reason, you cannot compete. Section will not be held up to wait for
- All venues are UNAVAILABLE for rehearsal prior to and during the competition.
- Copyright – Due to Copyright Laws and the distraction to both competitor and adjudicator involved, it is the policy of the Ingham Arts Festival Association Inc. that cameras, mobile ‘phones, video cameras, recording devices and electronic games are prohibited in the venues, with the exception of the Official Photographer/Press Photographer.
- No teacher or parent will be allowed on the stage during a rendition of any item, unless as an accompanist or conductor. Only authorized personnel are to be allowed backstage at the Ingham Picture Theatre. The backstage door will be kept manned and entry and exit will only be allowed between sections.
- Props – All props will be such that they can be placed on stage by one person only, with a time limit of one (1) minute. During items, props are to be manipulated by the competitor. This condition may be relaxed in the case of groups, subject to Committee approval. Proper respect and regard for the stage with regard to props and their use must be shown at all times. No foreign substance is to be spilt on stage. PLEASE NOTE: If sound is required only a CD player is available.
- Banners – Schools or Groups must not display banners
- Licensing – The Ingham Arts Festival Assn. Inc. holds an APRA licence for performing recorded music. Each school, group or competitor must ensure that all recorded music presented to be played is either:-
a. An original copy.
b. That the school, group or competitor holds the appropriate AMCOS and ARIA licence.
c. In the event where sheet music or literary works are used the following will apply:
d. Competitor and/or accompanist must use original copies of music or authorised
e. The submission of Own Choice work in the correct section/s is the responsibility of the
f. A photocopy of the Original work may be submitted for adjudication purposes. This copy
will be destroyed on completion of the competition.
g. The Committee will not be held responsible for any Copyright infringements in relation to